Sunday, August 21, 2011

Just breathe.

In one week I'll be leaving to live in a whole new place away from everyone I know and everything I know. It's only a short 7 days away, yet I still don't know how I feel about it. When I think about it it just doesn't seem real probably because it's so big of a thing. On the one hand I want my life begin and I want freedom, a new beginning, a fresh start, etc. etc. but on the other hand I worry if I can even live on my own. I think that I'll run out of something I need to survive and won't know what to do, or that I'll run out of money and just be stuck. I guess I'm just having a mixture of feelings really and when I think about it, I think that it's one of those things you just do. To be cliche, you just gotta dive right in! Head first! No looking back or thinking about. It's an experience of a lifetime and I know that once I get past my shyness and anxiety, it's probably gonna be the best 4 years of my life. Those are thoughts that keep me moving forward and get me siked up for such a big endeavor. Once I get past the culture shock/settling to whole other state, then I get to shift my worries to college work! Yipee! For me, the latter seems the easier of the two :P Well I think that's pretty much all I have to say on that subject. Sometimes it just feels good to put your thoughts/feelings/worries into writing. It helps you figure out what you're really feeling and I think that your true thoughts always slip out when you start writing about a particular subject. Alright, now that's all I have to say lol. And now I think it appropriate to insert a little inspiration into this post, so here it is:

"Don't live down to expectations. Go out there and do something remarkable."
~Wendy Wasserstein
and that's exactly what I'll do! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment