Sunday, September 18, 2011

Be sure to wear some fl..feathers in your hair

I finally got feather extensions in my hair after wanting them for months! They were so expensive at salons and so i was going to buy a DIY kit but just never got around to it. My RA here at school told me about someone on campus who sells feathers and puts them in really cheap(I paid about the half the price I would have at a salon), so I jumped right on that and got myself 3 feathers right behind my ear! I didn't want anything too crazy, but I still wanted that nice pop of color for something unique. I got 2 feathers that were neutral colors, one kind of brownish and the other black and white striped. The last feather is my pop of color, a royal blue that fades to black at the tip. Next time I think I want a turquoise-ish one and some small strands incorporated in the top layers of my hair, either more feathers or I'll finally take the plunge and dye the ends of my hair different colors (pictured below).



Other than that, college has been going AH-mazing! Hawaii is a beautiful place to live and while classes aren't the funnest thing (yay for biology!) we get to study on the beach making it totally worthwhile. I'm hoping to start putting up more posts, once my school routine is established and everything and will start putting up some outfit posts and fashion-related awesomeness :)

4 comments:

  1. cutecute :) how much did you pay for it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love feathers! You're so lucky you're studying in Hawaii...that has always been my dream!

    sherri
    www.sherriamour.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you! :) i really do love it here, it's been a great college experience!

    ReplyDelete